Application for Postgraduate Training License
- Complete every section of the online application.
- Submit a $105.00 application fee payable by credit card.
- You must complete and submit the Criminal History Record Check Request form and two fingerprint
cards. The background check fee is $41.25. A separate money order must be submitted for the background check fee. The money order must be payable to the
Office of the Attorney General. Mail completed fingerprint cards, criminal history record check request form, and money order to the North Dakota Board of Medicine:
418 E. Broadway Suite 12, Bismarck, ND 58501.
NOTE:You should call your local law enforcement office for times and locations that fingerprinting services are available. Be sure to bring a photo ID. A small fee may be required.
DO NOT BEND OR FOLD the fingerprint cards when mailing them to us as they will be rejected and you will be required to be fingerprinted again. Be sure all personal information is completed on the cards. Click here for instructions and example.
- The Certificate of Medical Education form must be completed by your medical school and must be sent directly from your medical school to the North Dakota Board of Medicine by mail @ 418 East Broadway Suite 12; Bismarck, ND 58501.
- The following documents shall be uploaded or scanned to the Board office:
- A recent 2"x3" unmounted photo of yourself. If you choose to submit a paper photograph please follow these instructions:
The photo must be:
- Original passport quality photograph. No computer scanned or polaroid photograph with thick backing.
- Close-up front view of head and shoulders no larger than 2" X 3" and no smaller than 2" X 2".
- Must have been taken within 90-120 days prior of submitting this application.