If your license has been inactive for three years or more, you do have to start the process as a new applicant by completing the full application for licensure. The only items you do not need to request are the medical school verification, the licensing exam transcript and the ECMFG verification status, if applicable.  You also do not need to provide copies of your medical diploma or postgraduate training certificates unless you have completed additional training since your medical license lapsed.